Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 19, 2013 - Oh Hey!

 
 




HI FAMILY!
 
 
Just to let you know, yesterday we did service at the yacht marina cleaning up the coast (hard life, right?) and a family came up to us and asked us if we wanted to go for a ride on their yacht and maybe take out the wakeboards. We said "thank you, but no" and I only cried a little bit!
 
Haha aside from that painful experience, it's been such a good week! We went on exchanges with the sister trainers and they were miracle-filled, as all exchanges are. A lot of missionaries don't really like going on exchanges for some reason, but they're my favorite things. It's really cool how it's all the same work but there are so many different ways to teach it. I love following along with the other sisters just soaking up their styles of teaching.
 
By the way, whenever I tell people that I am from Denver they get an offended look on their face....we have a lot of Charger fans. Aw yeah Broncos! I'm focused I promise.
 
One of the biggest miracles we have seen is in Freddy-the 19 year old that we are teaching. His countenance has changed so much this past week. He tells us that he reads and prays every single night and he knows it's true!! He is getting baptized December 7th! He's had a lot of problems finding a job and having a good relationship with his mom, but as he's read the Book of Mormon he keeps telling us that "I know good things are going to happen. Whenever I read this book. I just know that everything is going to be ok.". Man, The Book of Mormon is so dang powerful. I love holding it in my hands. Every once in a while I just stare at the copies that we hand out to people and think "Oh my gosh. Look at all of those. They are little books and at the same time they are one of the most important possessions that we can have and we are HANDING THEM OUT LIKE CANDY. DO PEOPLE REALIZE HOW INCREDIBLE THAT IS?!". Whether it's in English or Spanish, the spirit and absolute power that is has is the same. I still can't believe that we can hold that miracle in our hands.
 
Antonio is doing great! We are teaching him English and when he said his prayer he said "bless the families of my missionaries.". So cool!!!!
 
We teach a less-active family called the Morales'-the other day we went over and their son, Noe, was there. He used to be really hard into drugs but these past few weeks his countenance has completely changed. It's seriously one of the most miraculous thing I've seen. He doesn't know much about the gospel, even though he was baptized when he was 8 (he's 25 now). We've talked to him a few times and his desire just grows and grows and grows. When I first came to the area and met him, I knew that Heavenly Father was working with him. Seeing his progression makes me so happy! He told us he wants to get his patriarchal blessing!! I love Noe a lot. Actually, I love the whole dang city of Chula Vista a lot.
 
I got a testimony of the Rescue when I served in the Valley, but now more than ever I have this huge love for the less-active families that we teach. I feel that they get looked over. I just want so bad for them to feel love. we have seen so many miracles of the rescue once they realize how loved they are. We visited a family that hasn't been in years and took a member with us. The spirit was so strong in that room when that member got down in front of the mom, took her by the hand and said "Look at me. I love you. I want you to come back. I will do anything to have you come back to church.". I cried like a baby. Don't give up on the less-active families. Go tell them that you love them because they need to hear it. You are the miracles that they need.
 
Ok ok ok I am so sorry that this is such a short email. We have a shortened amount of time this week....but please know how much I love you all. I'm so grateful for you and i love you so much!!!!!!
 
Hermana Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment