Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 15, 2014 - We Passed!

We had interviews with President Schmitt this week. Good news. We passed and will still be able to continue our missionary service.

Hey Fam!

It was actually a very different interview then the one's I've had in the past. President Schmitt said up front "due to the time you have left on your mission, this one is going to be different." He then asked me who I think would be good trainers and who should be the next sister training leader. I was pretty surprised, usually they don't ask for our input in such a straightforward way haha. It was pretty cool to say a quick prayer in my head and all of a sudden have names and faces pop into my head. I can't imagine being in charge of transfers, I had a headache for the rest of the day! But it was cool to talk about the state of the mission one on one and provide input-even though my input doesn't mean a whole lot in the long run. It was nice for him to do, because he really didn't have to. 

Elder Butcher says hi. 

The primary president asked us to help teach baptism to the kids this Sunday. Man, I love the primary. I am my mother's daughter in the thought that the Spirit is always the strongest in the primary room. I wish investigators were invited to that class, they would get baptized instantly. 

Yesterday was an INCREDIBLE day! I am learning that I need to have more faith in accepting the Lord's will haha. I always thought that faith was all about having high expectations and then knowing that they will all happen. That's definitely true. But there's a lot more to faith then I thought (again, thank heavens for missions, I know nothing.). I have learned that, at times, the will of the Lord is not to have 8 lessons a day. And while it is great to have high expectations, it's greater to do exactly what the Lord wants. For the longest time I could not figure out why He wouldn't want days full of appointments, but as the months have passed by, it's the moments where we seek for His guidance and direction when our plans have failed, when we draw close to him. And He always provides, and the days are always enriching and full. 
And then there are days where you teach the world, add 2 more souls as investigators, eat at three separate dinner appointments and invite 4 people to baptism with all of them saying "yes". Those are good days, too. 

The Gonzalez fam came to church again. This time Mayra couldn't come because of work, but Arturo brought all of the kids by himself. This is the first time he's come to church without Mayra's insistence. CHAMP. Bertha was there as well, and Elena (the miracle woman who accepted the baptismal date the first lesson) came as well!! 

We went to the Gonzales house a few days ago to talk about baptism and why we need to be 8 years old. Little Arturo was wondering about what it means to be accountable and he asked "when did I start listening to Satan? Sheyla [his big sis.], when did I start becoming like you??". I couldn't stop laughing. Poor Sheyla haha. 

I am so grateful to be a missionary. I know this Work is real, this is the most important work we can be doing. This is His gospel.  I love you and hope you have a great week! Love you all!!

Hermana Hess!

No comments:

Post a Comment