Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3, 2013 - A Week of Miracles!




 
Check it, people. Transfer #5 in the desert. Same companion, same district!
 
Not gonna lie, when I found out that I was staying here for another transfer my heart about broke into a million pieces. I thought for sure that I had done the work that I needed to do here. It's been a rough past few weeks as we haven't seen progression, and I was sure that I gave it all I had, so I was looking forward to transfers because I honestly thought I was "done" here. (I'm repenting of that, ok, ok, I know. Lack of faith. Work in Progress). I would be lying if I said I wasn't freakin terrified about this next 6 weeks, but I do know that I am here for a reason, that Heavenly Father doesn't look people over and that there is a purpose for every single thing we are called to do as missionaries. I have learned that principle over and over again these past few weeks. Bring it on, transfer 5. I am expecting miracles and I'm ready to work with everything I have for em. I'm just glad that it's going to start cooling down because HOLY JUNK IT'S HOT.
 
 
This week was amazing!! We always see miracles the last week of the transfer and this week was chock full of them. Except for the moment when we had to drop our investigator with a date because he was tripping out on meth when we visited him. That was an interesting moment that'll go down in the history of all things weird.
 
We've had a lot of LARC and member lessons these past few weeks so we tried really hard to focus solely on our investigators and bringing member's to their lessons. It is AMAZING what miracles can happen when you have a righteous desire and a desire to just go and work. Heavenly Father literally rains blessings down! We found all of our investigators this week and had member's at 6 of their houses for their lessons. The spirit was so strong in all of them and everyone commented on the peaceful and happy feeling they felt!! Coolest thing ever. We may not have had as many lessons taught than some other weeks, but the quality of those lessons skyrocketed and I know that we were being guided. We took a less active (Tanairi) to visit Marbella Brillones and she said when she walked into the room she immediately felt like there was a connection between them. She bore the strongest testimony I've ever heard her say, and she came to church on Sunday with here whole family!!! I died. and We found 2 new investigators, Teri and Yvonne, who are so prepared and are so excited for us to teach them. They kept saying "we've been waiting for you!!!" whenever we go over. Hollaback for miracles!
I read "Why 1820?" and the King Follett discourse this week for personal study and it was the best. Go read them if you haven't.
 
Favorite moments of the week include having a member tell me I was the first "white missionary to become Mexican" in the ward, and having 4 sisters sing opera in our lessons. Have you ever heard a 60 year old Mexican grandma sing opera? I have!! Man, I love these people.
 
David is the teacher's quorum president?!? Aw yeah buddy! I am so proud!! THAT'S MY LITTLE BROTHER!! I'm sure you're killing it your sophomore year of high school. Go take choir cause it'll make you happy.
 
I hope that you are having a great week and that y'all are so happy!!! Love you like crazy!!

Hermana Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment