Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20, 2013 - Oh How Lovely Are the Mornings!

Shoot dang, y'all! Its the second week here at the empty sea and my testimony continues to be strengthened with every passing moment. (by the way, this keyboard is all sorts of jacked up so this may very well be the most grammatically incorrect epistle you will ever receive from me. My bad.) I really do love it here, and it's nice being on a set schedule instead of orientations and all that jazz. My district and zone have become my family up here and it's crazy how close people can get when we are all striving towards the same goal! It's hard to see some of the leaving districts go, but singing Hasta Ver (God Be With You Till We Meet Again) after the departing elders bear their testimonies in our zone meetings on Sundays is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. My individual district gets closer and closer every day, and I definitely feel part of a very unified group of people. We have more fun then I ever thought we would here at the MTC but the best part is when we all sit quietly and study together. I have a testimony of the strengthening power that unity brings to a group of people, even when we may be sitting in silence, doing personal study.
 
I have never been more aware of miracles, people. I'm lucky that I get to live one every single day, every single moment of my life. That's honestly the only way I can describe my life at the moment. A miracle.
 
I LOVE GETTING LETTERS. They seriously make my day!! Mom, the package you sent me was the best, and everyone was jealous. Yep, I have a cool mom. The best part was before I opened it, I said to everyone , ¨You Guys, wouldn't it be great if in this box, there laid a bag of peanut butter M&Ms? What a blessing that would be¨. I opened the box, and there they were. YA PULLED THROUGH, MOM. YA PULLED THROUGH.
 
But really, thank you all so much for the letters and emails, they really make my day and I love hearing about everything you all are going through!!! I love them!
 
Oh mom, cows are funny because they smell bad and eat a lot of grass and have like 576 stomachs but they still give us milkshakes.
 
I never realized how much my music background would help me with the language!! I have a major advantage when it comes to memorization and pronunciation. The things I do know how to say, I can say with fluidity. I can now recite the first vision in Spanish like a pro. I attribute that to singing in all sorts of different languages. Cool huh?
 
One of the Elders calls me TSwift because he says he gets lost in my blue eyes when I sing....Good thing he's leaving this week.
 
We teach the Elders in our district fake yoga moves during gym. We got them to stand on their heads and grab their ears whilst doing so the other day. Hilarious.
 
Coolest experience. Yesterday we taught in the TRC (where members come and volunteer to be taught). I was super nervous because we aren't allowed to speak in English at all. But it was the COOLEST THING EVER! I haven't ever felt the spirit that strong. It was like Heavenly Father was using me to tell this member what she needed to hear. It gave me a whole new motivation to learn this language as fast as I possibly can. The Spirit is real, people. I testify of that with all my heart. By the way, I take after you dad. I cry when I teach. Wanna know how many lessons I taught? Like 7. Fetch.
 
30 minutes is not enough time to write you all what happens in a week!! I hope you know that you all continually strengthen me with your letters. I feel your prayers said on my behalf daily and in frustrating moments, they give me a boost. But let me tell ya, This work is real. I have a testimony of the fullness of the Gospel. I have never been this happy and never have worked so hard. I hope you all know that I love you more and more each day!
 
I love you all, with all my heart,
Hermana Babygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment