Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February 27, 2013 - WHAT?

Familia!!
 
Buenos Dias!
 
First off, let me freak out for a quick sec. CORY HAD HER BABY!!! HOLLLAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! That letter that you sent totally made my day! I'm super glad all is well and that everyone is doing great! I told everyone in my district that I'm an aunt again, and they all say "congratulations"! Although I am a little upset that the kid wasn't named after me, I guess I still rejoice in the new addition to our family:) Pictures would be THE BOMB by the way....
 
Another moment of loudness from the MTC:
 
MOM AND DAD. THAT PACKAGE YOU SENT ME WAS THE GREATEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN ON THE PLANET ASIDE FROM THE ATONEMENT AND MY BIRTHDAY.
In all seriousness, that book with all of the pictures in it was probably the greatest gift I have ever received. I yelled "IT'S FROM MY MOM!!! In the hall and opened it with my district when we were planning (I couldn't wait...don't even care) and showed everyone the pictures. I may or may not have shed a few tears because I loved it that much. Thank you for putting the time into it, because I'm gonna treasure that for a good long time!
 
Also, the boots bring me far greater joy than they should. Amen.
 
I can't believe I'm halfway done with my time here at the MTC. I thought that hard goodbyes would be done with when I left home.....YA, NO. FALSE. We said goodbye to two districts in our zone this week and while we were all singing "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" in Spanish, I didn't expect to feel as sad as I did. Awesome. I really do love it here SO MUCH. When you learn and grow with your brothers and sisters in the Gospel, it creates a unity that I haven't experienced ever in my life. On Saturday night, my district all thought of a question that we needed answered, and spent the next hour searching the scriptures for revelation. Let me tell ya, when you have a group of missionaries striving towards a common goal, the spirit that accompanies is unparralled. This week, I am grateful for my district, and the power and strengh we have when we all study together.
 
We taught one of our investigators this week, and it was the first week where I said everything in spanish, and felt like I said everything I wanted to say. SHOOT DANG. Missionary work is so cool! Even though the investigator is an actor, I still felt a huge amount of love for him, and would literally do anything in my power to make sure that he understands just how much Heavenly Father loves him. You guys, I live a good life. I get to share this message and invite others to come HOME to Christ. Not bad, yall. Not bad.
 
I'm in charge of all the music in my branch, now. My first music calling in 21 years!!
 
Two of the elders (who left yesterday, thank heavens) still yell out "Mi Amor!!! Mi Corazon!!" (My Love! My Heart!) whenever I walk by...
 
More elders notice my pink shoes than sisters.
 
There's a TON of people in the MTC. In the cafeteria, I overheard an elder (who was a little on the shorter side) yell out "THIS IS THE WORST IT'S EVER BEEN!" while trying to wade through a crowd of people.
 
My knees kinda hurt all the time. All is well!
 
I actually make my bed. WHAT.
 
M. Russell Ballard came and spoke at our Sunday Devotional yesterday! Let me tell you, it was SO COOL!!! His message was exactly what I needed to hear. He told us, "You all already know the gospel! You've been living it all your lives. Now, surrender yourselves, go with confidence, and preach the Greatest and most important message in this world". We really do carry the most important message in the world. What a mantle, but what a blessing. The spirit that he brought was incredible, and I cried the whole time. Whatevs, people. It happens.
 
I have come to love with all my heart the things I learn in personal study. This week was all about Christ. I thought I knew Him before, but as I studied His earthly ministery and the Atonement, my testimony has grown to a level I never thought possible. I thought I had a huge testimony of the Atonement. Turns out, I only knew a little bit. I still don't fully understand it, but I'm learning more every day. If I could summarize the love He and our Father In Heaven have for us, it would be in a simple statement:
 
Christ Lived So He Could Die For Us.
 
Do we realize this? Heavenly Father let his literal SON come to earth, where he would be mocked and persecuted. Where he would endure the pain and sufferings of the world, and ultimatly died with our names on His mind. I think of you Dad, and the intense and all encompassing love you have for your kids. Imagine the love that Heavenly Father has for us, that he gave His only begotten son. I bet His heart broke. He sent His son so we can come home. Christ died so that we can go hang out with each other for the rest of the eternities. I get on my knees every single night and thank Him with all that I have. That being said, I'm glad I get you guys for eternity.
 
There is no place I would rather be on the earth right now, than right here. In the business of saving souls, so that they might know of the Love our Savior and our Father in Heaven have for them. Life is good, people. We are living a miracle.
 
Every time we got to the temple, Michael hangs out with me. He say's "hi". He can't wait to see us.
 
I love you all, with all my heart!
Hermana Hess

3 comments:

  1. Can I wrote Sister Hess on DearElder??? or I guess Sister? They need to change that now that the sisters are taking over!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JESSIE!!! Absolutely...please write her at DearElder.com using her address on the blog. Good luck on your own missionary adventures. I know that she looks forward to hearing from you! - Kelsey's Mom

      Delete
  2. I just finished reading Sister Hess' letters here on the blog. No wonder my son was such good friends with her during freshman year at USU! She cracks me up and I can tell she has a great personality and will be an awesome missionary. My son's missionary blog is at http://calledtoserveperuedition.blogspot.com if you want to read it and see how much alike these 2 missionaries are! from Elder Wilson's Mom

    ReplyDelete