Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 14, 2013 - Mexicans and Poltergeists

Hola Familia! 
 
To explain the subject of this email:
We taught a lady this week about the plan of salvation, and we asked her about where she thought we went after we all died. She said (and this is verbatim) "Our ghosts just kinda hang around in our houses and do whatever they want. Sometimes they go to the people they don't like and make bad things happen to them. That's a looooooooot of ghosts running around". Yolanda is a special soul....
 
We also taught a man who, when we asked him if he has heard about Joseph Smith, said "Is that the guy with a lot of wives? OH wait! That was the next one!" After we said that we don't do that anymore, he went on a 20 minute tangent about how he thinks polygamy should be brought back. "Hey, if the guy can support them, I think he should have as many wives as he wants. That's why I don't have one."
 
It was SO GOOD to talk to you guys on Sunday!! The minute I walked out of my room my companion said "Are you always that loud when you're on the phone? It's annoying." Aw yeah!! No but really, I loved hearing your voices, even though David's sounded WAAAY different. Basically, it was the best thing in the world. I was especially thrilled to hear about the changing of the color of our house:) bahaha.
 
Yesterday we were teaching the Brillones family. They haven't come to church yet because they don't have gas for their car. So me and my companion went and bought them a gas can filled with gasoline so they could go fill up their car and pick up their kids from school. They were SO grateful that they both started crying! After we taught them their lesson, we invited them to baptism, this time with a date. They said YES!!!! THEY'RE GETTING BAPTIZED ON JUNE 6TH!!!!!!!! They are so great and I am so SO happy for them that I left and just wanted to cry. Best ever. Our mansions will be next to each others in the heavens....:) It was basically a missionary pay-day. 
 
Sorry that this letter is boring and short. The mission president and his counselors are coming out today so we have to go clean everything and shine the elders' shoes.....
 
Love you all more than ANYTHING!!!!!! I'll write a more exciting letter next week! Thank you for your prayers and I love you all so much!
 
Hermana Hess 

No comments:

Post a Comment