Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 21, 2013 - 'Tis a Gift!

OH HEY HEEEEEEEYYYYYY!

In the story of the 10 lepers, after they were all healed, we know that only 1 of the original 10 came back and thanked Christ for performing this miracle. But what I like most about this is that the scriptures say that this one healed man "...turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God."

I've never been healed of leoprosy, nor have I seen people being raised from the dead or have seen the blind and deaf be healed. But, like this one grateful man, I have so many reasons to glorify God with a LOUD VOICE. Because holy shoot dang, I have been so blessed!!!
First off, isn't it cool how we believe in a gospel that is truly so simple, but is never mastered? There are scriptorians, prophets, witnesses and people like J who are so knowledgeable about the doctrine and have the amazing opportunity to pour over scriptures daily, but they are never finished!  We are NEVER FINISHED studying! COOL, huh? I know, right?!

I've had a good week of studying. Can ya tell?

This week it began with spiritual gifts. I think is amazing how Heavenly Father loves us so much, that in addition to the blessings that He rains down on us daily, He has given us individual gifts that are solely "ours". He's given personality traits, or characteristics to everyone, each one with an individual purpose. And when we realize the purpose of these gifts, great is our joy!!
Dad, in one of your letters, you said "You carry your message in song....so sing it in everything you do!". That has stuck with me ever since I read it! After that, every single letter that I have received has mentioned "Sister Hess, I hope that you are singing. Don't stop, whatever you do, don't stop!". You'd think that Heavenly Father was trying to tell me something:). So this week I sang A LOT. In lessons, on the street, while serving, by myself, with the kids, with the investigators...and holy crow. Miracles. EVERY person that we taught has come up to me and said "I needed you, I needed that song, I needed that joy." and then they followed with "Are you always this happy?"
I LOVE MY HEAVENLY FATHER. I can't get over how merciful He is! He has given me something that makes me so happy personally, but can also somehow benefit others. Don't know how it works. I don't even know how I am so blessed. My MTC teacher said that "Missions are the easiest thing you will ever do...because you will be so happy". This week, the mission was easy. It was hard work, but easy work. Joy, people. Beautiful. HOLLA. 
 
So Heavenly Father has given ALL OF US these gifts, but He also says that "When much is given, much is required". I have been so blessed,  so how could I not work as hard as I possibly can? Where much is given....much is required. Don't waste those gifts! How many times to I need to be told that until I just PAY ATTENTION? Junk. We have been given gifts...use them for Heaven's sake. 
 
This week I have seen miracles! We have an investigator with a baptismal date who is just so faithful, even with the world falling apart around her. Her husband has to go to dialysis 3 times a week, her car broke down and she has 5 small children that she needs to feed. But she never hesitates to invite us over, and when she does she offers the most sincere prayers and the most humble testimonies. Pray for the Brillones family! They need a miracle. I have no doubt that they will receive one! Pray for Yolanda, who finally said "if you can get me a ride, I will come to your church" (she also said if she didn't feel anything, she will tell God to punish us....). I have a lot of things to pray for, yet a lot to praise Him for. Actually, all of us do. 
 
We went out to lunch as a district, and we ran into a member who insisted that he pay for all of our meals. Right before we left, a random stranger came up to us, said "are you all a district?" after we said yes, he "said who is your district leader?" When he raised his hand, this guy hands him $60 and says "next time you go out as a district, it's on me." People are cool. I love these people. 
 
I hope all is well at home! Sorry this is long-winded and full of a whole lotta nothing. Just a lot on my mind. Oh by the way, next week we have a meeting in San Diego on Tuesday so you'll get an email on Wednesday. 
 
Go and glorify God. Do so with a loud voice, because it deserves to be shouted from the mountaintops.
 
Love you all, with all my heart.

Hermana Hess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment