Tuesday, August 13, 2013

13 August 2013 - Oh Hey!!!!



This one may be a short and sweet email, as I am running out of time, so I apologize up front!!
 
What a week. Much learning happened this week on my part, and I probably learned more that I taught.
There was a day this week where me and my companion made a goal to contact 30 people in one day. We weren't really sure why we set that goal. Our usual goal is 10 and even that is hard because no one is ever outside (it's a little hot here). But we looked at each other that morning when we were setting goals and both of us thought the number "30". So there it was. Faith is a beautiful thing. The feeling of going out in the morning having a perfect knowledge that you WILL accomplish your goal, even if at first it seems impossible. The feeling of knowing that Heavenly Father is leading you and guiding you. The feeling of knowing that there is no way that you cannot fail.
We exceeded the goal, but the number didn't matter to either of us. What mattered to us was the feeling of perfect faith-the act of going and doing. At times we get so caught up in the work that we forget to relish in the sweet moments that only comes when you exhibit perfect faith. My faith isn't perfect-I wish it was-but I rejoice in perfect moments. The more I am here, the more perfect moments I am finding. And I am quickly realizing that these perfect moments only come when you say to your Heavenly Father "Ok, I'll go and do. No matter how freaked out it makes me, no matter how tired I am.". We had a trainer meeting the other day and we were invited to make our faith perfect (when the mission president said that I had a fit- "How the heck did he KNOW!?") and I am grateful for day to day moments when Heavenly Father gives us an opportunity to accept or reject His invitation to "Try Me". "Prove Me Now Herewith"-Try Him. I guarantee you will see miracles.
TANGENT OVER!
This week a member came up to me and my companion and said "is it a rule that white people always wear flowers?!".....
We also contacted a guy who yelled at us because we don't believe in reincarnation and proceeded to tell us that he was the reincarnated being of John F. Kennedy. Never a dull moment here in El Centro!
Attached is a picture of a weird Mexican scarecrow thing. It was on the outside of a referral's house (she didn't like us because we believe in the Book of Mormon) and I thought It was funny. It will be in my front yard when I return from my mission:)
It was a good week! It was definitely a "push your limits" week. Me and my companion got sick (aw yeah stomach flu!) but we still felt like we should go out and pross. We found 5 new investigators as a result! SUCH a miracle!!! Heavenly Father answers prayers jaja. Even prayers where the only thing you plead for is to "please don't let me get sick in front of this person....". Too much information? Sorry.
This is a lame letter. Sorry! I hope you all know how much I love you and how much I pray for you!
Con amor,
Hermana Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment