Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 28, 2014 - Peyton Manning is Being Prayed For!



I have learned that when people ask me where I am from, that I quickly need to change the subject. People here do not like people from Denver right now-All I gotta say is that the Broncos are the subjects of many prayers of the missionaries here in my zone.

If anyone wants to send me a Payton Manning t-shirt this week, I would be ok with it!

WHAT A SOLID WEEK! Sister Hansen and I started off the week putting our faith in Heavenly Father and setting higher goals than we normally do. We worked our tails off and ended up teaching 40 lessons and adding 8 new investigators!! Going to bed completely exhausted every night feels so good. I have honestly never been this tired in my life, but I'm so dang happy I don't even care! We found a woman named Laura last Monday and within the first 5 minutes of meeting her we just KNEW that she is prepared, and has been waiting for this message for a long time. She's getting baptized March 1st!! The few lessons that we have had with her have been some of the most powerful and clear lessons we have ever taught. You can tell that we are literally doing nothing- %100 spirit. I love those lessons!

Did anyone else know that the stones that the Lord touched for the brother of Jared's boat were used in the Urim and Thummin? Because I just figured that out, like, yesterday. Not my finest intellectual moment. 
 
Bertha got baptized last week!!! We got to go down to Chula Vista for the baptism and it was amazing. It was so good to see everyone. A lot of the investigators that we taught while I was there were there and it was good to see them again:). Bertha looked so happy!! She was glowing the whole time and just kept saying "I've been waiting for this for so long!!". I love her a lot, and I'm so glad I got to go back to see her!
 
Our investigator here in Santee, also named Bertha, is blowing our minds! She finished the Book of Mormon (took her 2 months....) and is now reading the principles of the gospel manual....FOR FUN. She gave up coffee and swearing and comes to church faithfully every week. She seriously talks like she's been a member all her life, she retains everything!! It's so weird, she still refuses to get baptized. We have been praying so hard for her and to figure out what is holding her back. Keep her in her prayers!!!
 
For some reason this week all of out investigators have opened up a ton. I love that point of the relationship-where we are not only their missionaries, but someone they can find a friend in and trust. These people here are so easy to love, they just need to be reminded of how loved and looked after they are. I guess when you always have that in the back of your mind, it's not that hard to be a missionary! 
 
So I was reading in the Book of Mormon the other day while I was on an exchange, and 3rd Nefi 21:10 blew my mind. "But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil." I think of Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ. To those on the outside looking in, they were failures. Joseph Smith was killed at the time where the saints were at their weakest. They were pushed out of Nauvoo and had to walk thousands of miles to a place where they could live in peace. Jesus Christ was crucified. The Apostasy happened. (although they shall be marred because of them.) I bet in those moments, Satan thought he won. But "..The life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him.". The death of Joseph Smith increased the faith of the saints and gave them the push they needed to go west. Christ paid the ultimate price and because of Him, we will be victors over death and sin. They are sitting in the Heavens together, rejoicing in the 15 million members of the church that know the truth, That doesn't sound like losing to me. "For I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.". I am grateful for hindsight. I am grateful that while it may seem like everything is against us, God's wisdom is all encompassing. There's no way that we can't win.
 
Well that was long-winded haha. I love you all!!! I hope David's birthday was the bomb....I wish I could be there to see you bless the sacrament for the first time. Have a great week and be so happy!
 
Hermana Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment