Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bebruary 4, 2014 - We Are Not Talking About Football...

WELL HEY THERE FAMILY!
 
This week was INSANE. I feel like I've never been this stretched thin in my life. This month starts MTE month-Missionary Training Experiences. Where President Clayton and the AP's visit all the zones, do a big training/zone-conference deal, and for the rest of the day the zone leaders and the sister trainers all go out with the companionships for coaching. So that was all last week, and it'll be life for the next two weeks. We were in our area for 2 days last week and it'll be the same for the first part of February. I'm tired haha. But It's a lot of fun to be constantly moving around and coaching different companionships! I'm learning a ton and I feel like I'm getting a lot of help from the other side of the veil letting me know what these sisters need. It's been crazy and stressful, but a total blast. It's flying by!
 
Even though we have barely been in our area, Heavenly Father is taking care of us, and the area as well. Hermana Hansen and I have seen MIRACLES!! By the way, I love Hermana Hansen. She's 20 years old from Elkridge UT and we came out at the same time (we sat next to each other on the plane. Small world.). She hates drama, tells it like it is, is not afraid to call people to repentance, and she is exactly obedient. At the same time I have never laughed so hard or had this much fun on my mission! I feel like this companionship is too good to be true! PRAY THAT WE STAY TOGETHER NEXT TRANSFER!! We managed to add 7 new investigators and set three of them with baptismal dates this week! People, miracles happen when you put everything aside and just work. We had mission leadership council with President Clayton yesterday, and he said "You promised the prophet that you would put everything aside for 18 months or 2 years for the Lord. If you do this, you will be happier than you've ever been.". Man, I have a testimony of that statement. It feels good to do our part, and then see Heavenly Father do His. He's doing a lot up there in the Heavens, let me tell ya.
 
DAVID YOU'RE A PRIEST! Man, I am so proud of you!!! Seriously. I wish I could've been there to see you and dad bless the sacrament. I would've cried like a baby. IT'S FINE. I am so lucky to be your big sister.
 
Best moment of the week-Bertha's (the investigator who read the whole Book of Mormon in 2 months and is now reading the principles of the gospel manual) sons just got baptized about 3 months ago. Both of them are in their 30's and seriously the gospel changed their lives! Caesar, one of the sons, got up to bear his testimony on Sunday and it was one of the most powerful testimonies I've ever heard. I was just so happy listening to him (seriously, it's like missionary payday!!!). Then, BERTHA STANDS UP TO BEAR HER TESTIMONY!!!!! We were dying. DYING. She just straight up proclaims that she knows the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that this is the true church. I sat there, happier than I've ever been on my mission. Oh man. She had it in her eyes, dad! She has it. She's truly converted and she hasn't even gotten baptized yet. I love Bertha, and her sons Juan and Caesar so much. That family is going to be going strong for the rest of their lives!!!
 
I'm sorry that this is a short one, but Hermana Hansen and I get to go to the TEMPLE TODAY!!! We get to go every 3 months. I am so stoked.
 
I love you all so much. You're in my prayers, the prayers of the members, and the prayers of the investigators that we teach daily,
 
Hermana Hess!

No comments:

Post a Comment