Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18, 2014 - The Heavens are Smiling on Hermana Hes



OH HEY FAMILY!!!!

GUESS WHAT. LIFE IS GOOD IN SANTEE. Heavenly Father loves us because Hermana Hansen and I are staying together this transfer!! Both of us thought that she would leave because 1) she's been here since July and 2) This companionship is far too easy! We are way too happy haha. But we are working so hard and seeing so many miracles that we are just so grateful that Heavenly Father is letting us stay together. This transfer is gonna be SO SICK! 

This week was ridiculous. But last Friday marked the last MTE season so thankfully life is going to slow down. But I loved being able to go and get to know the other sisters and the other areas. I learned so much these past 3 weeks it's insane!! I've also gotten to know the mercy of God haha. We haven't been able to have full studies  in three weeks or been in our area, but Heavenly Father has been making up for everything that we haven't been able to do. I haven't studied Spanish or Preach My Gospel in three weeks haha but I've felt my Spanish abilities grow and grow, and while we've been teaching I've felt His words come out of my mouth more than ever before. I've learned to rely so much on His mercies this week and it's been some of the best and hardest and happiest moments of my entire mission! 

One of the best moments was last Friday when our Zone Leaders asked us to teach a part of zone meeting. They told us the day before and we only had 30 minutes to do a companionship study. So basically we planned on the 20 minute car ride from Ramona to Santee haha. We talked all about how to keep the "greenie feeling" with us always, and to find and recommit to our motivation. We talked a LOT about motivation, and it all coming back to our love for our Heavenly Father. It was so cool!! I definitely felt that it was 100% His lesson, and not ours. I think that the longer us missionaries get on our missions, the harder it is to remember and feel that greenie feeling. Our motivation deserves re-commitment and it was a really cool feeling to remember that as we taught! We read parts of Moses 7 (which is my absolute favorite favorite chapter ever!) and the spirit was SUPER strong. One of the top moments of the week, for sure! 

 Last Sunday was the BEST! Jorge FINALLY came to church and absolutely loved it! The elders told us that he was participating all over the place in Priesthood. Seriously, Jorge is the coolest. We were talking about the Liahona the other day and he straight up holds up the Book of Mormon and says "This is My Liahona!!". And then he goes off about that in 3 years he is going to "try for bishop". We need to teach him that priesthood offices are not obtained by popular vote. But it's really funny when he pulls out his wallet and pretends to show us his "bishop badge". Later that night we had a mission presidents fireside and me and 2 other missionaries sang an "Abide with me" acapella trio-man, it felt so good to sing again. So that was the cherry on top of the best day ever. 

The members in the branch are SO COOL!!! A member named Hermana Lopez called us yesterday and invited us over for dinner, and when we drove up, we see our investigator Diana getting out of her car!! Hermana Lopez invited our investigator, whom we haven't been able to see for two weeks, to dinner!!! IT WAS THE BEST!!!!!!! I love this branch. The lesson was so cool and Diana just felt the love of the members so strong. I will never get over how imperative the members are to the work!! 

Sorry that this is the most boring letter of life!!! Know that I am well and happy and pray for you daily. I have never loved you more!!

Hermana Hess 

The elder in the picture below is a voice major, so if anyone wants to send us some duets, feel free:)


No comments:

Post a Comment